Online Training Choices
When learning Thai Massage, you might have several choices between teachers and schools. However few people realize that there is another option which can be perfect for some – learning Thai Massage online.
You can learn almost anything online nowadays – playing the guitar, yoga, building a house, law, and a myriad other things. So why not study Thai Massage online as well?
Factors which determine your success with an online course
Not all online training provides the same value. Let’s compare online settings which make learning difficult with scenarios that make learning easier and more fun. How do you know the difference? Let’s take a look at these question in more detail.
Which scenario would best help you succeed?
If you purchase a Thai Massage DVD with lots of techniques demonstrated, but there is NO support, NO training structure, NO student community, NOBODY to ask any questions, and NO follow-up, then your chances of a successful learning experience are pretty low.
Now imagine another scenario: If you enroll in an online program which is set up like a real school, your chances of a successful completion would be significantly higher:
Evaluating a high-quality online Thai Massage school
At Thai Healing Massage Academy we have lots of experience with providing a supportive and productive learning experience.
We pioneered Thai Massage online training over a decade ago and are the oldest and original online institute with structured training and full teacher support.
You need to know whom you are dealing with. So here is our story, our background, and a close look at what we are offering.
You will find 21 reasons why learning Thai Massage through our online training might be a good choice for you and improve your chances of success.
How established are we and how solid is our training?
1. Thai Healing Massage Academy was founded in 2001. That’s a solid long-term track record.
2. We have trained thousands of students since then, ranging from our free introductory Thai Massage training to multi-month online training programs.
3. Our website was first created in September of 2003 – a solid 18-year online track record. You can depend on us for excellent training and reliable support.
4. Our website is the largest Thai Massage online training website on the internet, and we are a leading publisher of free and paid Thai Massage education.
5. We have a forum with over 20000 posts (as of August 2021). The forum was established in November of 2010. The instructor, Shama Kern, wrote more than 8500 of these posts, all in support of our online students.
Resource: Thai Healing Massage Academy Forum
6. We have an active facebook group with thousands of posts and comments which was established in September of 2015.
There are over 2000 members in the group – it’s a great source for interesting education and discussions.
Resource: Thai Healing Massage Academy Facebook Group
7. We have created 20 Thai Massage online training courses with over 100 hours of training videos which are constantly improved and upgraded:
Certification and CEUs
8. We are an official continuing education provider via the National Education Board of the USA. Licensed US therapists can get CE certificates from our larger courses.
Resource: Thai Healing Massage Academy’s NCBTMB profile
9. Regardless of your location or experience, you can earn a Certificate Of Achievement which certifies that you have successfully completed the training program.
Resource: Click here to see one of our certificates
Learning structure and environment and support
10. Our training is gradual and structured, just like in any real Thai Massage school.
There is no overwhelm and no pressure. You can conveniently learn at your own pace, right from your home.
11. We truly care! We provide the best and friendliest and most personal support anywhere.
This support does not come from an impersonal agent in a boiler room somewhere in the world, but from the instructor himself who can communicate in English, German and Spanish.
12. The instructor, Shama Kern, and his Thai wife, also a qualified Thai Massage therapist and teacher, founded Thai Healing Massage Academy.
They spent two decades living in Thailand, the homeland of this healing art, so you can be sure that you receive authentic Thai Massage training with its true spirit.
13. Some of our larger Thai Massage courses use multi-media formats: video, audio, and text. You can watch the videos, listen to the audio on the go, and you don’t need to take notes since you have the written material.
Price and value
14. You receive excellent, high-quality Thai Massage training for a fraction of the high price tag of live courses.
You don’t have to pay for level one, then level two, then level three training. We don’t keep charging you for more levels. It is all included.
In our Complete Thai Massage training course, you will learn everything you need to become a competent therapist.
Resource: Complete Thai Massage Online Training Course
15. All support is free. Access to the teacher is free. Our international certification program is free (there is a qualification process).
16. All our courses are backed by an unconditional satisfaction guarantee. This makes your investment totally risk-free.
You don’t have to worry if you are making the right decision. If it’s not right for you, you get all your money back.
17. You are not alone. We have a large, friendly, inspiring student community in our forum and Facebook group.
So if you need company, inspiration, advice, want to network, or have questions – there is easy access to all of this at no extra cost.
18. You get to keep all training material permanently. If you forget how something works, you can go back to the lesson and review it.
You have unlimited access to the training, and you have unlimited access to the instructor. This is a big advantage over live training where you lose access when the course ends.
A large online training library for all your training needs
19. You can learn the entire system of Thai Massage through our main training program – The Complete Thai Massage online course.
This course alone will take you to the level of a well-rounded and competent practitioner.
20. You can keep on growing with our school. Once you have learned the entire system of Thai Massage, you can take it to an even higher level by studying specialized advanced therapy training courses for various parts of the body or conditions like shoulders, back, knees, sacrum, legs, or sciatica.
21. You can also learn similar related massage styles like the advanced “Thai Foot Massage” system, or our unique “Heavenly Head Massage” program.
We also provide a “Thai Massage For Friends And Family” course for those who don’t want to go the professional route.
Who can benefit from our online Thai Massage training?
- Massage therapists who want to add an exciting modality to their repertoire
- Thai Massage therapists who want to expand their skills
- Yoga teachers who want to add a new element to their training or add a new service and income source to their practice
- Chiropractors who want to blend a very compatible bodywork style with their work
- Physical therapists who want to expand their repertoire
- Anyone what is looking for a therapist friendly massage system which can make your career easier and more sustainable
- Anyone who prefers the convenience and the freedom of self-paced learning without having to leave home
- Anyone who is looking for a cost effective alternative to expensive live training
When might it not be for you?
- You don’t have the self discipline to follow through with the training on your own
- You have good Thai Massage training facilities near you and can easily afford the cost
- You have no previous experience with healing arts or yoga and prefer some live training to get started.
However we do have a course which is specifically designed for people with zero experience or healing arts background – Thai Massage For Friends And Family.
- Our complete online training library
- Complete Thai Massage, our largest and most popular training program
- Our student forum for support and questions
- Our facebook group
- Our free education center
- Certification information
- Student Testimonials
- Questions for the instructor: email email@example.com
- Our free introductory Thai Massage video series
Now you have a good overview of Thai Healing Massage Academy, our history, our training, and our services.
Hopefully you have found that some of the reasons for learning Thai Massage from us are just right for you. And now, let our students have the last word:
“I found the Complete Thai Massage course to be an amazing investment. I am absolutely amazed at how well the course is delivered, and the fact that after only 4 months and with no previous massage training I have the confidence and knowledge to do Thai Massage. My friends, family, and co-workers thank you.“
“Your Complete Thai Massage course was amazing! More than I could have hoped for. I am thrilled with the Thai techniques and even more so with the teaching on being in tune with body mechanics, breathing and all that you have integrated into your course.
I have come away with so much from this course and from you! Thank you, and I will be back for more!“
Nina Beal, massage therapist
The author, Shama Kern, is the founder and director of Thai Healing Massage Academy. He has been practicing and teaching Thai Massage for two decades, and he is the author of 20 online Thai Massage training courses.