If you post links (another name for link is "url") in the main body of your post, here is what you need to know:
1. You can have a maximum of two links in your post
2. Write all links in this format: https://thaihealingmassage.com
Normally, if you write your link in this way, it will automatically become live, or clickable. A clickable link will look blue like in the example above. If your link is black and therefore not clickable, please follow the instructions below.
3. There is a linking tool in the menu bar above the post text. It looks like two links of a chain or like a figure 8 lying on it's side. Here is how to use that:
Let's say you write a post about your workshop and want to send readers to your site where they can find the details. So you write something like "Please check out the details here". You want them to click on "here", and you want to send them to your website.
"Here" is called the "anchor text". Now you highlight your anchor text with the cursor. As soon as there is any highlighted text, the link tool button will become functional. If nothing is highlighted, the link tool button will not work.
Now click on the link tool button (the figure 8 lying on it's side). A little window will open, and now write or even better copy-and-paste the url of your website into the first text box. You have to use the http:// format.
The second text box controls if you want your website to replace the current browser window or if you want it to open in a separate new window. In the first case the present forum page will disappear and your website opens instead. In the second case the present forum page will still be open, and a new window with your website will open next to it.
The last step is to click on "insert" in the bottom left of the pop-up window. That will create your link. Now your anchor text "here" will be blue and underlined and it will look like a link. When someone clicks on it, your website will open.
4. If you do not use separate anchor text, i.e. if you just write a simple url (like http://yahoo.com), you do not need to use the link tool button. The url will automatically turn into a clickable link. You only need the link tool button if your anchor text is different from your url. Don't use the link tool if your anchor text is the actual url.
5. When you are done with your post, make sure to save it, and then click on your links to see if they are working right.
PLEASE NOTE: Make sure to read our "Link and Promotion Policy" in the "Forum Guidelines" post above this one.
Most Users Ever Online: 81
Currently Browsing this Page:
Karin Secrest: 102
Cindy Gogan: 86
Kathy McChesney: 84
Guest Posters: 5